Anthracite-colored sunburst dial, silver chronograph counters and a small red dot that accurately indicates the time to the second. A new era of timekeeping in the big 42er format.
Our Duochronographs have inspired watch lovers for many years. The reduction to two stop totalizers allows not only a better readability of the dial but also a particularly balanced dial design. In the case of the indicator, we have extended the functionality of the watch by displaying the seconds. By the indicator display you have the seconds display of the time always in view without being distracted by the sub-dial of the usual small second. The indicator display not only displays the passing seconds, it also clearly indicates the beginning of a new minute.
How do you show the running of a watch, without the chronograph usual "small" second hand at the 9 o'clock position? This question has driven us to Guinand for some time - with the indicator display, we have found the right answer. A display that does not bother the two large stop-totalizers while preserving the classic look of a chronograph. The indicator display shows the current second via a small window at the 8 o'clock position. The window fills in the course of a minute continuously in high-contrast red.
The exact German name for such a display is "Schwallpfeil" and was used over decades for audio devices for labeling the volume control. We have taken up this principle here. At exactly 60 seconds, a vertical white line indicates the beginning of a new minute.
The dial of the model is certainly one of the most elaborate in the watch industry. Hand-applied and luminous hour indices, galvanized surfaces, chamfered edges for the date and day of the week display the immense effort in producing the dials here in Germany. The indicator function also requires special design finesse on the underside of the dial. After all, the clock should not build higher despite the completely new display of the permanent second.
For the DuoIndicator we have designed a completely new housing - classically in proportions and thus clearly associated with our pilot chronograph series 40 - but increased according to the size of the stop counter in diameter to a diameter of about 42.6 mm.
The Valjoux 7750 is regarded as the most matured and reliable chronograph caliber ever - developed in the 1970s and continuously improved, it is probably the most robust power source for a mechanical Pilot Chronograph. The ETA, manufacturer of watch movements, supplies Guinand with the movement for this watch in a decorated version with Perlage, Geneva stripes, blued screws and Glucydur balance.
At Guinand each of these movements is regulated once again in 5 positions before the final control of the watch ends with an accuracy test of several days.
The DuoIndicator model has 22mm wide lugs to which all our 22mm leather and rubber straps will fit. Especially for this watch, we have developed our new vintage leather strap made of vegitably tanned cow leather. This band makes the DuoIndicator a sporty timepiece.
- Calibre ETA/Valjoux 7750
- Self-winding mechanical movement
- Chronograph function integrated into the movement
- 25 jewels
- 28.800 vibrations per hour; 4 Hz.
- Stone lever escapement
- Glucydur-Chronometer Balance Wheel
- Shock resistant as per DIN 8308
- Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309/ISO 764
- Movement diameter 13 1/4"" (30,4 mm)
- Incabloc shock protection
- Unidirectional self-winding mechanism with ball bearing, weight segment made of heavy metal
- Power reserve approx. 48 hours
- Movement decorated, blued screws, weight segment with engraved Guinand logo
- Regulator system ETACHRON and regulator corrector
- Hours, minutes and seconds with Indicator
- Chronograph with 30 min- and 12 hours counters and central second hand
- Date- and day of the week display
- Case made of stainless steel, polished, bead-blasted or PVD coated
- Sapphire crystal glass, domed, anti-reflective on the interior
- Screwed back with sapphire crystal glass
- Screwed crown, double O-ring sealed
- Pilot bezel, rotatable in two directions
- Protected pushers
- Crown flank protection
- Pressure resistant up to 20 bar
Dimensions and Weight
- Case diameter: 42.66 mm
- Case thickness: 15.6 mm
- Band lug width: 22 mm
- Lug-to-lug distance: 49.7 mm / 1.57 inch
- Distance between the spring bars: 47.3 mm / 1.862 inch
- Weight without strap: ca. 95 Gramm
Straps 22 mm
Other Leather Straps
High-quality leather strap with black stitching, at the tip of the strap and at lug ends
Leather uppers, matte; Underside leather both cowhide. The thickness of the strap is approx. 3,3 mm.
Pull up leather with laquered edging and colored stitch, pin-clasp
Black shark fish leather, pin-clasp
Leather Strap Arizona
Black Cowhide with alligator embossing, pin-clasp
Leather Strap Montana
Soft nappa leather in black, pin clasp
Leather Strap Kroko
Black alligator leather, pin-clasp
Leather Strap Rustikal
Black cowhide with alligator embossing, cushioned, contrasting seam white, pin-clasp
Rubber Strap Kroko
Black rubber with alligator embossing, contrasting seam white, pin-clasp
Rubber Strap Glatt
Black rubber strap, smooth surface, incl. a laser engraved folding-clasp satinated or bead-blasted