The Tricompax Pilot Chrono
We have revised our configurator, click on one of the following models to proceed.
Choose your new model here
Our model family "Flieger Chrono" combines everything a pilot's watch should be able to do - best readability by day and night thanks to high-contrast dials and luminous material of the highest quality Superluminova grade X1. The dial takes up the typical Guinand pilot's watch DNA, but interprets it in a contemporary, reduced form.
Optimal arrangement of the totalizers at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock (Tricompax) combined with a date display with quick adjustment via the crown. Stainless steel case with sapphire crystal, pressure-resistant up to 20 bar and vacuum-proof.
Our Flieger Chrono Series is available in different dial versions. Common to all versions is the high-quality of the dials who are made in Germany and the use of high-intensity luminescent colour.
The construction of the SW510 is based on the VJ7750 which has been developed in the 70s of the last century and continuously improved. It is arguably the most robust power source for a mechanical chronograph. The SW510 allows the realization of chronographs with Bicompax- and Tricompax dial.
Guinand receives this watch movement produced in Switzerland in a finely finished version with a Glucydur balance. At Guinand, each of these movements is once again adjusted in 5 positions, before the final inspection of the watch concludes with a multi-day running test.
The protected pushers and a screwed crown with 3-way sealing system and side protection enable a reliable pressure resistance of 20 bar. The anthracite-black hard-material coated stainless steel pilot's bezel can be rotated in minute increments in both directions and thus enables short-term stops of up to 60 minutes without starting the chronograph. Pushers, crown and back with FKM-R sealing system.
We have equipped the watch with glasses made of scratch-resistant sapphire crystal on both the front and the back. For the dial side we have installed a slightly curved glass with an anti-reflective coating on the inside and a flat glass made of the same material for the back.
For the Flieger Chrono we use our new pilot's watch case - classic in proportions and thus clearly in the tradition of our pilot's chronographs.
Our housing is manufactured in three different finishes. Housing material is always 316L quality stainless steel. The surfaces are produced exclusively by mechanical processing.
The housing technology
Protected pushers and a screwed crown with 3-way sealing system and side protection enable a reliable pressure resistance of 20 bar. FKM-R sealing system for crown, pusher and base. Pilot's bezel made of stainless steel, anthracite-black hard coated /DLC) and beared in the case on 3 encapsulated ball detent systems.
Based on the size values, it is not easy to decide whether the watch fits the wrist, or whether it is too big or too small. To make your decision easier, we have mounted the watch on three different wrist widths that correspond to the usual sizes.
Please note that the wrists shown can only give you an approximate impression of the watch on your wrist, as the shape of the wrist is different for everyone, even if they have the same circumference.
Solid Strap Type H
All our leather and rubber straps with 20mm lug width and the metal strap TYPE H will fit on our 40 series chronographs
- Calibre SW510
- Self-winding mechanical movement
- Chronograph function integrated into the movement
- 27 jewels
- 28.800 vibrations per hour; 4 Hz.
- Stone lever escapement
- Shock resistant as per DIN 8308
- Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309/ISO 764
- Movement diameter 13 1/4"" (30,4 mm)
- Glucydur-Chronometer Balance Wheel
- Incabloc shock protection
- Power reserve approx. 56 hours
- Movement decorated, weight segment with engraved Guinand logo
- Unidirectional self-winding mechanism with ball bearing, weight segment made of heavy metal
- Hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds
- Chronograph with 30 min counter and central second hand
- Date display
- Stainless steel - polished, satinized or bead-blasted
- Sapphire crystal glass, domed, anti-reflective on the interior
- Screwed back with sapphire crystal glass
- Screwed crown with 3-way sealing system and flank protection
- Hard-coated stainless steel pilot's bezel, rotatable in minute steps in both directions
- Sealing system FKM-R for pushers, crown and case back
- Protected pushers
- Pressure resistant up to 20 bar
Dimensions and Weight
- Case diameter: approx. 40.7 mm / 1.6 inch
- Case thickness: 15.7 mm / 0.62 inch
- Band lug width: 20 mm
- Lug-to-lug distance: 48.7 mm / 1.92 inch
- Distance between the spring bars: 45.7 mm / 1.8 inch
- Weight without strap: ca. 92 grams