Due to the reduction to the essentials - the time display via 3 hands, the readability of this watch is perfect. The date indication is optically withdrawn in a place on the dial that does not interfere with the large hour numbers.
With a diameter of 42 mm, it is a grown-up but not oversized instrument watch. The version of our cockpit-watch that can be worn on the wrist.
The Guinand Flight Officer has a matt black dial with large and easy-to-read numerals.
Numbers and indexes are coated with white luminous color of superior Grade X1 quality. Minute- and hours hands and arrow of the second hand are filled with white luminous color.
For the Flight Officer, we using a movement of the Swiss family owned company Sellita, based in La Chaux-de-Fonds.
The SW220-1 is produced since 2004 and considered as well-engineered, the basic construction dates from the year 1982. Sellita, manufacturer of watch movements, supplies Guinand with the movement for this watch in a decorated version with Perlage, Geneva stripes, blued screws and Glucydur balance.
At Guinand each of these movements is regulated once again in 5 positions before the final control of the watch ends with an accuracy test of several days.
A hand-made watch also requires a case made this way. The finely hand-brushed housing, screwed together from three housing parts, guarantees uncompromising safety. A slightly domed and anti-reflective sapphire crystal on the front and a flat sapphire crystal back ensure absolute suitability for everyday use.
Based on the size values, it is not easy to decide whether the watch fits the wrist, or whether it is too big or too small. To make your decision easier, we have mounted the watch on three different wrist widths that correspond to the usual sizes.
Please note that the wrists shown can only give you an approximate impression of the watch on your wrist, as the shape of the wrist is different for everyone, even if they have the same circumference.
Pilot's watches require special straps - sturdy, comfortable to wear and of course they should share the high quality the watch has. All leather straps with a lug width of 20mm are suitable for this watch. The pictures show the watch with the robust and soft, dark gray Sus Scrofa leather strap.
- Calibre Sellita SW220-1
- Self-winding mechanical movement
- 26 jewels
- 28.800 vibrations per hour; 4 Hz.
- Movement diameter 11½ ‘‘‘ (25,60 mm)
- Incabloc shock protection
- Glucydur balance wheel
- Bidirectional self winding, rotor with ball-bearing
- Power reserve approx. 38 hours
- Movement decorated with Perlage and Diamond snail
- Rotor decorated with Côtes de Genève with engraved Guinand logo
- Blued screws
- Hours, minutes, center second
- Date display
- Stainless steel satinized
- Sapphire crystal glass, domed, anti-reflective on the interior
- Screwed back with sapphire crystal glass
- Pressure resistant up to 10 bar
Dimensions and Weight
- Case diameter: 42 mm / 1.65 inch
- Case thickness: 11.4 mm / 0.45 inch
- Band lug width: 20 mm
- Lug-to-lug distance: 50.9 mm / 2 inch
- Distance between the spring bars: 46 mm / 1.81 inch
- Weight without strap: approx. 70 grams