Back to the roots
The Guinand Instrument 91 features a matte black dial with large, easy-to-read numerals.
The dial indices and numbers are covered with white luminous color grade X1with the highest luminosity, the minute and hour hands, which are handcrafted from steel, are filled with white luminous color.
For this pilot's watch with a decentralized second, we decided to produce a new movement variant based on the baseplate of the HS81 caliber family that we already have: the HS81.6 Each of these movements is engraved with HS81 on the baseplate and with an individual movement serial number on large bridge.
A hand-made watch also requires a case made in this way. The finely hand-brushed housing, screwed together from three housing parts, guarantees uncompromising safety.
A slightly curved and anti-reflective sapphire glass on the dial side and a flat sapphire glass bottom ensure absolute suitability for everyday use.
Based on the size values, it is not easy to decide whether the watch fits the wrist, or whether it is too big or too small. To make your decision easier, we have mounted the watch on three different wrist widths that correspond to the usual sizes.
Please note that the wrists shown can only give you an approximate impression of the watch on your wrist, as the shape of the wrist is different for everyone, even if they have the same circumference.
Solid Strap Type H Klassik (Series II)
Pilot's watches require special straps - sturdy, comfortable to wear and of course they should share the high quality watch has. All leather straps with a lug width of 20mm are suitable for this watch. The pictures show the watch with the robust and soft, anthracite color wild boar leather strap, which is available in standard and XL length. For watch enthusiasts who prefer metal straps - our Type H Klassik metal strap is the right metal strap for this model.
- Caliber HS 81.6 based on the base plate of an HS81 hand-wound movement
- Small second at 9 o'clock position
- 17 jewels
- 21.600 vibrations per hour
- Movement diameter 16 1/2" (36,6 mm)
- Movement decorated with Geneva Stripes
- Power reserve approx. 40 hours
- Hours, minutes, small second
- Stainless steel hand satinized
- Sapphire crystal glass, domed, anti-reflective on the interior
- Screwed back with sapphire crystal glass
- Crown double sealed
- Pressure resistant up to 10 bar
Dimensions and Weight
- Case diameter: 42 mm / 1.65 inch
- Case thickness: 12.25 mm / 0.48 inch
- Band lug width: 20 mm
- Lug-to-lug distance: 50.7 mm / 1.97 inch
- Distance between the spring bars: 46 mm / 1.81 inch
- Weight without strap: approx. 66 grams