A pocket watch - the most original kind of portable timekeeping.
An absolute must with the vest, a special time measuring instrument in everyday life. We gave our model a Lépine design, which means the crown is at 12 O’clock and it doesn’t have a spring lid. This makes this watch robust and suitable for everyday use.
Thanks to the design without a sprind lid, the watch also makes an excellent table clock because you can always keep an eye on the face or, if you want a slightly calmer design, the finely decorated pocket watch movement HS81.4
The pocket watch in a stainless steel case
With this pocket watch we return to the beginnings of our watch workshop. The first watches we made in 1865 were pocket watches - and we never stopped making these special timepieces. Even today we manufacture pocket watches of outstanding quality. The GUI-TU1 model with a solid stainless steel case with screwed sapphire crystal on the dial and movement side bears witness to this.
This pocket watch is driven by a movement manufactured by Guinand, the basis of which is a Unitas hand-wound movement that is no longer built. The movements are individually numbered and finely decorated.
Glossy black dial, seconds display slightly recessed, white lacquered hands
Glossy white dial, seconds display slightly recessed, blued hour and minute hands
- Calibre HS 81.4 based on a Unitas hand wound movement
- Small second a 6 o'clock
- 18 jewels
- 18000 vibrations per hour; 2.5 Hz
- Movement diameter 16 1/2" (36,6 mm)
- Movement decorated with Geneva Stripes
- Power reserve approx. 40 hours
- Hours, minutes, small second indication
- Stainless steel
- Sapphire crystal glass, anti-reflective on the interior
- Screwed back with sapphire crystal glass
- Rhodium-plated crown, screwed back and bezel sealed with O-ring seals
- Bezel fluted
Dimensions and Weight
- Case diameter: 52.5 mm
- Case thickness: 12.7 mm
- Weight: 118 grams