The Expedition Chronograph
For many decades, Guinand has been making sporty chronographs for pilots, car enthusiasts and racing enthusiasts, technicians and scientists. The Nordmeer Chrono refers to the deep blue of the sea off Norway, Iceland and Svalbard and draws on a long tradition at Guinand - instrumental timepieces for use in harsh environmental conditions.
Dark blue galvanized dial with the currently most luminous white C1 luminous material Grade X1 for optimal readability. Inner scale ring printed with tachymeter scale.
The construction of the SW500 is based on the VJ7750 which has been developed in the 70s of the last century and continuously improved. It is arguably the most robust power source for a mechanical chronograph.
Guinand receives this watch movement produced in Switzerland in a finely finished version with a Glucydur balance. At Guinand, each of these movements is once again adjusted in 5 positions, before the final inspection of the watch concludes with a multi-day running test.
Our new Nordmeer Chrono is built in a Series 60 case - the case design has proven itself over the past 30 years and has become a true classic. We have updated the housing construction. Sapphire crystal on the front and back, protected pushers and a screw-down crown with triple seal make the stainless steel housing pressure-resistant up to 20 bar.
The lugs are integrated into the housing and thus particularly well protected.
The housing technology
Protected pushers and a screwed crown with 3-way sealing system enables a reliable pressure resistance of 20 bar. FKM-R sealing system for crown and pusher.
Based on the size values, it is not easy to decide whether the watch fits the wrist, or whether it is too big or too small. To make your decision easier, we have mounted the watch on three different wrist widths that correspond to the usual sizes.
Please note that the wrists shown can only give you an approximate impression of the watch on your wrist, as the shape of the wrist is different for everyone, even if they have the same circumference.
Metal Strap S60
The Guinand stainless steel bracelet S60 provides the option to vary the bracelet length by removing or adding individual links. A total of 5 bracelet links are attached with screws and can be easily removed. The strap clasp also enables fine adjustment of the bracelet length in 6 steps of approx. 3 mm each.
- Calibre SW500
- Self-winding mechanical movement
- Chronograph function integrated into the movement
- 25 jewels
- 28.800 vibrations per hour; 4 Hz.
- Stone lever escapement
- Glucydur Balance Wheel
- Shock resistant as per DIN 8308
- Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309/ISO 764
- Movement diameter 13 1/4"" (30,4 mm)
- Incabloc shock protection
- Unidirectional self-winding mechanism with ball bearing, weight segment made of heavy metal
- Power reserve approx. 60 hours
- Movement decorated, blued screws, weight segment with engraved Guinand logo
- Hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds
- Chronograph with 30 min- and 12 hours counters and central second hand
- Stainless steel, hand satinized
- Sapphire crystal glass, anti-reflective on the interior
- Screwed back with sapphire crystal glass
- Screwed crown, double O-ring sealed with flank protection
- Protected pushers
- Pressure resistant up to 20 bar
Dimensions and Weight
- Case diameter: 40.5 mm
- Case thickness: 14.9 mm
- Band lug width: 20 mm
- Lug-to-lug distance: 44.3 mm
- Weight without strap: 86 grams