The Big Pilot Chronograph
Pilot Chrono 42
Slightly shiny black dial, chronograph counters regressed and the hour indices covered with luminous color - this is what a functional and equally sporty-elegant pilot chronograph looks like.
Pilot chronographs fascinate watch lovers for decades. With a diameter of 42.6 mm, this chronograph delights lovers of our classic Series 40 design while fulfilling the desire for a larger watch.
The Pilot Chronograph 42 underlines it's independence through a dial, which dispenses with hourly numbers in favor of luminous indexes.
(DO NOT) REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT
A slightly shiny black dial gives this watch sporty elegance, but also good readability - both day and night, because the hour markers are covered with the highest luminous color "SuperLuminova Grade X1".
For thePilot Chronograph 42Chronograph we use our big pilot watch case - classical in the proportions and thus clearly associated with our Pilot Chronograph Series 40 - but increased in diameter to a diameter of 42.6 mm according to the size of the stop counters.
The Valjoux 7750 is regarded as the most matured and reliable chronograph caliber ever - developed in the 1970s and continuously improved, it is probably the most robust power source for a mechanical Pilot Chronograph. The ETA, manufacturer of watch movements, supplies Guinand with the movement for this watch in a decorated version with Perlage, Geneva stripes, blued screws and Glucydur balance.
At Guinand each of these movements is regulated once again in 5 positions before the final control of the watch ends with an accuracy test of several days.
For our 22 mm watches we have developed our new vintage leather strap made of soft oxhide leather.
- Calibre Valjoux 7750 / SW500
- Self-winding mechanical movement
- Chronograph function integrated into the movement
- 25 jewels
- 28.800 vibrations per hour; 4 Hz.
- Stone lever escapement
- Glucydur Balance Wheel
- Shock resistant as per DIN 8308
- Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309/ISO 764
- Movement diameter 13 1/4"" (30,4 mm)
- Incabloc shock protection
- Unidirectional self-winding mechanism with ball bearing, weight segment made of heavy metal
- Power reserve approx. 48 hours
- Movement decorated, blued screws, weight segment with engraved Guinand logo
- Hours, minutes and subsidiary second
- Chronograph with 30 min- and 12 hours counters and central second hand
- Date- and day of the week display
- Stainless steel, hand polished
- Sapphire crystal glass, domed, anti-reflective on the interior
- Screwed back with sapphire crystal glass
- Screwed crown with flank protection, double O-ring sealed
- Pilot bezel, rotatable in two directions
- Protected pushers
- Crown flank protection
- Pressure resistant up to 20 bar
Dimensions and Weight
- Case diameter: 42.66 mm
- Case thickness: 15.6 mm
- Band lug width: 22 mm
- Lug-to-lug distance: 49.7 mm / 1.57 inch
- Distance between the spring bars: 47.3 mm / 1.862 inch
- Weight without strap: ca. 95 Gramm
Straps 22 mm
Other Leather Straps
Leatherstrap Starfighter Pilot
Black leatherstrap made of intensely grained cow hide with a subtle contrast stitching.
High-quality soft oxhide leather strap with red stitching at the tip of the strap and at lug ends.
High-quality leather strap with black stitching, at the tip of the strap and at lug ends
Leather uppers, matte; Underside leather both cowhide. The thickness of the strap is approx. 3,3 mm.
Pull up leather with laquered edging and colored stitch, pin-clasp
Leather Strap Arizona
Black Cowhide with alligator embossing, pin-clasp
Leather Strap Montana
Soft nappa leather in black, pin clasp
Leather Strap Kroko
Black alligator leather, pin-clasp
Leather Strap Rustikal
Black cowhide with alligator embossing, cushioned, contrasting seam white, pin-clasp
Rubber Strap Kroko
Black rubber with alligator embossing, contrasting seam white, pin-clasp
Rubber Strap Glatt
Black rubber strap, smooth surface, incl. a laser engraved folding-clasp satinated or bead-blasted