How do I determine the correct length for my Guinand strap?
So that you can order a suitable bracelet for your watch - be it when purchasing the watch or as a replacement strap - you should know your wrist circumference. There are several ways you can measure the circumference of your wrist. Take a measuring tape, string, or tape and place it around your wrist. The measured dimension is your wrist circumference in cm or mm or inch.
The values for
- optimal wrist circumference in mm or inch
- minimal wrist circumference in mm or inch
- maximal wrist circumference in mm or inch
are calculated using the following formula:
Bracelet length (mm) or (inch) + dimension between the bracelet bars (mm) or (inch) - "play" (mm) or (inch) = wrist circumference (mm) or (inch)
- Strap length for minimal wrist circumference: innermost hole for clasp
- Strap length for maximum wrist circumference: extreme hole for clasp
- Strap length for optimal wrist circumference: middle hole for clasp
- Play (takes into account the height of the clock): typically around 12 mm / 0,472 inch