Concentration on the essentials
For many decades, Guinand has also been producing sporty chronographs for motorists and racing enthusiasts. In the 1970s, a driver's chronograph with "tachometer design dial". In addition to Guinand, this watch was also produced by the Swiss manufacturer Orfina and offered as a Porsche Design Chrono I on the market. Our Series 60 series is the successor to this legendary sports chronograph. Among watch connoisseurs late versions from the end of the 70s are known with Tricompax dial - this variant was manufactured with a manual wind movement.
With our model 60.50 Tricompax we revive this rare variant in the series 60 again. In contrast to those days, an automatic chronograph movement Valjoux 7753 now drives the hands of the watch.
Deep black absolutely matte dial with the brightest luminous grade X1 for optimal readability. Internal scale ring with 12 hour markings.
The construction of the SW510 is based on the VJ7750 which has been developed in the 70s of the last century and continuously improved. It is arguably the most robust power source for a mechanical chronograph. The SW510 allows the realization of chronographs with Bicompax- and Tricompax dial.
Guinand receives this watch movement produced in Switzerland in a finely finished version with a Glucydur balance. At Guinand, each of these movements is once again adjusted in 5 positions, before the final inspection of the watch concludes with a multi-day running test.
* with the use of SW510A the design of the rotor slightly changed
Our new Werksfahrer Chrono is built in a Series 60 case - the case design has proven itself over the past 30 years and has become a true classic. We have updated the housing construction. Sapphire crystal on the front and back, protected pushers and a screw-down crown with triple seal make the stainless steel housing pressure-resistant up to 20 bar.
The lugs are integrated into the housing and thus particularly well protected.
The housing technology
Protected pushers and a screwed crown with 3-way sealing system enables a reliable pressure resistance of 20 bar. FKM-R sealing system for crown and pusher.
Based on the size values, it is not easy to decide whether the watch fits the wrist, or whether it is too big or too small. To make your decision easier, we have mounted the watch on three different wrist widths that correspond to the usual sizes.
Please note that the wrists shown can only give you an approximate impression of the watch on your wrist, as the shape of the wrist is different for everyone, even if they have the same circumference.
Lederband Chronissimo R
Our Werksfahrer Chrono fits all our leather and rubber straps with 20mm band lug width. We especially recommend our leather strap Chronissimo which is available both a white contrast stitching or red stitching and is seamlessly integrated into the case of the watch.
- Calibre SW510
- Self-winding mechanical movement
- Chronograph function integrated into the movement
- 27 jewels
- 28.800 vibrations per hour; 4 Hz.
- Stone lever escapement
- Shock resistant as per DIN 8308
- Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309/ISO 764
- Movement diameter 13 1/4"" (30,4 mm)
- Glucydur-Chronometer Balance Wheel
- Incabloc shock protection
- Power reserve approx. 56 hours
- Movement decorated, weight segment with engraved Guinand logo
- Unidirectional self-winding mechanism with ball bearing, weight segment made of heavy metal
- Hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds
- Chronograph with 30 min- and 12 hours counters and central second hand
- Stainless steel, hand satinized
- Sapphire crystal glass, anti-reflective on the interior
- Screwed back with sapphire crystal glass
- Screwed crown, double O-ring sealed with flank protection
- Protected pushers
- Pressure resistant up to 20 bar
Dimensions and Weight
- Case diameter: 40.5 mm
- Case thickness: 14.9 mm
- Band lug width: 20 mm
- Lug-to-lug distance: 44.3 mm
- Weight without strap: 86 grams