A Racers Legend
Galvanic silver-plated dial with sunburst decoration and manually applied indexes. Bezel with 12h-numbering, recessed black stop counters - inspired by the 1960s classics
Choose your new model here
Panda dial chronographs first appeared on the market in the 1960s. Today, these classics are among the icons of the watch world. Helmut Sinn, former owner of Guinand, had already taken up this idea and introduced a model with a silver dial and black totalizers.
With the Monte-Carlo, this watch revives in a contemporary form. As in the past, the dial is galvanically silver plated and sunburst. The chronograph counters are slightly recessed, provided with fine grooves and galvanized in black, which means twice as much effort in dial production.
A silver-plated dial with sunburst decoration combined with black subdials - a sport chronograph cannot be more classical. A 12-hour bezel for reading a 2nd time zone, the in-hand tachymeter scale for determining speeds. The date as a modern supplement, well readable but optically reserved. Modern numbers on the bezel and the auxiliary dials and our the series40 case with crown protection.
Our model Monte-Carlo combines everything that makes a watch the modern classic. Decorated automatic or manual movement with Glucydur balance.
The dial of the Monte•Carlo is built with much effort and attention to details. The complexity is surpassed only by the appliqués - hand-applied hourly indices which are riveted through small holes with the back of the dial.
With this clock, what is surely striking is the rotating bezel with 12-hour division. Today, this bezel version is very rarely - if ever to be found, because the hourly division is executed as a count-down, which means the numbers fall clockwise. This bezel is designed to remind you of the end of events lasting more than 60 minutes. Example is here an event planned with 6 hours duration. At the beginning of the event, the bezel with the corresponding hour mark (here 6 hours) is set to the current position of the hour hand. When the hour hand reaches the position of the triangle on the bezel, the time has elapsed. The chronograph function can be used independently to measure other times e.g., lap times.
For the Monte-Carlo we use our new pilot's watch case - classic in proportions and thus clearly in the tradition of our pilot's chronographs.
The protected pushers and a screwed crown with 3-way sealing system and side protection enable a reliable pressure resistance of 20 bar. Pushers, crown and back with FKM-R sealing system.
We have equipped the watch with glasses made of scratch-resistant sapphire crystal on both the front and the back. For the dial side, we have installed a slightly curved glass with an anti-reflective coating on the inside and a flat glass made of the same material for the back.
The construction of the SW500 is based on the VJ7750 which has been developed in the 70s of the last century and continuously improved. It is arguably the most robust power source for a mechanical chronograph.
Guinand receives this watch movement produced in Switzerland in a finely finished version with a Glucydur balance. At Guinand, each of these movements is once again adjusted in 5 positions, before the final inspection of the watch concludes with a multi-day running test.
- Calibre SW500
- Self-winding mechanical movement
- Chronograph function integrated into the movement
- 25 jewels
- 28.800 vibrations per hour; 4 Hz.
- Stone lever escapement
- Glucydur Balance Wheel
- Shock resistant as per DIN 8308
- Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309/ISO 764
- Movement diameter 13 1/4"" (30,4 mm)
- Incabloc shock protection
- Unidirectional self-winding mechanism with ball bearing, weight segment made of heavy metal
- Power reserve approx. 60 hours
- Movement decorated, blued screws, weight segment with engraved Guinand logo
- Hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds
- Chronograph with 30 min- and 12 hours counters and central second hand
- Date display
- Stainless steel - polished
- Sapphire crystal glass, domed, anti-reflective on the interior
- Screwed back with sapphire crystal glass
- Screwed crown with 3-way sealing system and flank protection
- Alloy bezel with 12-hour division, rotatable in both directions
- Sealing system FKM-R for pushers, crown and case back
- Protected pushers
- Pressure resistant up to 20 bar
Dimensions and Weight
- Case diameter: approx. 40.7 mm / 1.6 inch
- Case thickness: 15.7 mm / 0.62 inch
- Band lug width: 20 mm
- Lug-to-lug distance: 48.7 mm / 1.92 inch
- Distance between the spring bars: 45.7 mm / 1.8 inch
- Weight without strap: ca. 92 grams