start your engines!
start your engines!
start your engines!
The first watches that Helmut Sinn manufactured in his "new" company in 1995 did not bear the Guinand company logo, but were printed with the Chronosport logo. The 60 series was created during this time, known at the time as a "heavy and robust chronograph with automatic winding (original quote)".
Guinand had already manufactured the model in the 1970s, so that the 60 series, as a direct descendant, continues this tradition. In the early days of the 60 model series, there was the Chronosport 60.50 model with totalizers and gray number rings for a short time – a rare model that has now aroused great desire among watch enthusiasts.
Choose your new model here
Our Series 60 model series has been one of the most sought-after chronographs in our company for decades. In the early days of the model series, there was the Chronosport 60.50 model with totalisers with gray number rings for a short time. We used this rare version as a template for our Classic CS Edition Chronograph 2023 model. We have very carefully modernized the dial of the original without affecting the special charm of this watch.
Limited to a total of 30 pieces in the versions with 12 hour rehaut and tachymetre rehaut. Each watch bears the individual limitation number xx of 30 and the Classic Edition engraving on the rotor.
The dial of the Classic Edition 2023 has a matt black surface, while the easy-to-read chronograph counters with gray number rings clearly separate the stopwatch function from the time display. The hour indices are coated with luminous material for best readability at night. The framed sub-dials make it unmistakably clear for which function this watch was developed - as a professional sports chronograph.
The construction of the SW500 is based on the VJ7750 which has been developed in the 70s of the last century and continuously improved. It is arguably the most robust power source for a mechanical chronograph.
Guinand receives this watch movement produced in Switzerland in a finely finished version with a Glucydur balance. At Guinand, each of these movements is once again adjusted in 5 positions, before the final inspection of the watch concludes with a multi-day running test.
You do not have to say a lot about our Series60 case - the case design has proven itself over the past 30 years and has become a true classic. We have updated the housing construction. Sapphire crystal on the front and back, protected pushers and a screw-down crown with triple seal make the stainless-steel housing pressure-resistant and absolutely robust.
The housing technology
Protected pushers and a screwed crown with 3-way sealing system enables a reliable pressure resistance of 20 bar. FKM-R sealing system for crown and pusher.
Based on the size values, it is not easy to decide whether the watch fits the wrist, or whether it is too big or too small. To make your decision easier, we have mounted the watch on three different wrist widths that correspond to the usual sizes.
Please note that the wrists shown can only give you an approximate impression of the watch on your wrist, as the shape of the wrist is different for everyone, even if they have the same circumference.
Metal Strap S60
The Guinand stainless steel bracelet S60 provides the option to vary the bracelet length by removing or adding individual links. A total of 5 bracelet links are attached with screws and can be easily removed. The strap clasp also enables fine adjustment of the bracelet length in 6 steps of approx. 3 mm each.
- Calibre SW500, TOP grade
- Self-winding mechanical movement
- Chronograph function integrated into the movement
- 25 jewels
- 28.800 vibrations per hour; 4 Hz.
- Stone lever escapement
- Glucydur Balance Wheel
- Shock resistant as per DIN 8308
- Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309/ISO 764
- Movement diameter 13 1/4"" (30,4 mm)
- Incabloc shock protection
- Unidirectional self-winding mechanism with ball bearing, weight segment made of heavy metal
- Power reserve approx. 60 hours
- Movement decorated, blued screws, weight segment with Classic CS Edition engraving and limitation number
- Hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds
- Chronograph with 30 min- and 12 hours counters and central second hand
- Date display
- Day of the week display
- Stainless steel, satinized
- Sapphire crystal glass, anti-reflective on the interior
- Screwed back with sapphire crystal glass
- Screwed crown, tripple O-ring sealed
- Sealing system FKM-R for pushers and crown
- Protected pushers
- Pressure resistant up to 20 bar
Dimensions and Weight
- Case diameter: 40.5 mm / 1.59 inch
- Case thickness: 14.9 mm / 0.59 inch
- Band lug width: 20 mm / 0.79 inch
- Lug-to-lug distance: 44.3 mm / 1.74 inch
- Distance between the spring bars: 40 mm / 1.57 inch
- Weight without strap: 86 grams