Early pilot or deck watches often had numbers or indices thickly coated with green luminous color for optimal daytime and nighttime readability. For our model DuographFlieger we use green luminescent color of highest luminous intensity and combine this with an absolutely matt black dial. In combination with the bead blasted and therefore matt housing, the DuographFlieger is a classic navigation instrument for daily use on the wrist.
We have revised our configurator, click on one of the following models to proceed.
Choose your new model here
The Duograph Chrono is a chronograph with an especially clearly arranged dial in the tradition of our series 40 Pilotchronographs and the legendary Chronosport 351 model - 2 stop counters together with the central stop second do enable stop time measurements up to 12 hours. We designed this watch without the permanently running small second - in favor of the size of the two stoppcounters.
Today, as in the past, it is known for its optimum readability, robust design and good wearability. In the cockpit and in everyday life.
The construction of the SW500 is based on the VJ7750 which has been developed in the 70s of the last century and continuously improved. It is arguably the most robust power source for a mechanical chronograph.
Guinand receives this watch movement produced in Switzerland in a finely finished version with a Glucydur balance. At Guinand, each of these movements is once again adjusted in 5 positions, before the final inspection of the watch concludes with a multi-day running test.
The protected pushers and a screwed crown with 3-way sealing system and side protection enable a reliable pressure resistance of 20 bar. The anthracite-black hard-material coated stainless steel pilot's bezel can be rotated in minute increments in both directions and thus enables short-term stops of up to 60 minutes without starting the chronograph. Pushers, crown and back with FKM-R sealing system.
We have equipped the watch with glasses made of scratch-resistant sapphire crystal on both the front and the back. For the dial side we have installed a slightly curved glass with an anti-reflective coating on the inside and a flat glass made of the same material for the back.
- Calibre SW500
- Self-winding mechanical movement
- Chronograph function integrated into the movement
- 25 jewels
- 28.800 vibrations per hour; 4 Hz.
- Stone lever escapement
- Glucydur Balance Wheel
- Shock resistant as per DIN 8308
- Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309/ISO 764
- Movement diameter 13 1/4"" (30,4 mm)
- Incabloc shock protection
- Unidirectional self-winding mechanism with ball bearing, weight segment made of heavy metal
- Power reserve approx. 60 hours
- Movement decorated, blued screws, weight segment with engraved Guinand logo
- Hours, minutes
- Chronograph with 30 min- and 12 hours counters and central second hand
- Date- and day of the week display
- Stainless steel, polished or bead-blasted
- Sapphire crystal glass, domed, anti-reflective on the interior
- Screwed back with sapphire crystal glass
- Screwed crown with 3-way sealing system and flank protection
- Hard-coated stainless steel pilot's bezel, rotatable in minute steps in both directions
- Sealing system FKM-R for pushers, crown and case back
- Protected pushers
- Pressure resistant up to 20 bar
Dimensions and Weight
- Case diameter: approx. 40.7 mm / 1.6 inch
- Case thickness: 15.7 mm / 0.62 inch
- Band lug width: 20 mm
- Lug-to-lug distance: 48.7 mm / 1.92 inch
- Distance between the spring bars: 45.7 mm / 1.8 inch
- Weight without strap: ca. 92 grams