The Sport Chronograph
We have revised our configurator, click on one of the following models to proceed.
Choose your new model here
For many decades, Guinand has also been producing sporty chronographs for motorists and racing enthusiasts. In the 1970s, a driver's chronograph with "tachometer design dial". In addition to Guinand, this watch was also produced by the Swiss manufacturer Orfina and offered as a Porsche Design Chrono I on the market.
Our Series 60 series is the successor to this legendary sports chronograph. The watch is powered by a mechanical chronograph calibre, which is supplied by the energy of the arm movement of its wearer so that the battery doesn’t go flat when you’re really counting on it …
The dial of the most 60.50 models has a galvanically finished black surface, while the anthracite-colored chronograph counters are slightly recessed and with a fine groove surface set the stop function clearly off the time display. Numbers and hourly indices are covered with luminous material for best night readability. The contrasting stop-hands make it unmistakably clear what function this watch was developed for - as a professional chronograph. The choice of which pointer color best suits your needs is left to your purpose - each pointer color of the stop hand always provides a clear contrast to the o the white hands of the time display.
Model 60.50-T: The dial of the model 60.50-T is, as usual with instrument watches and also necessary, matte black. Numbers and hourly indices are covered with luminous material for best night readability.
The construction of the SW500 is based on the VJ7750 which has been developed in the 70s of the last century and continuously improved. It is arguably the most robust power source for a mechanical chronograph.
Guinand receives this watch movement produced in Switzerland in a finely finished version with a Glucydur balance. At Guinand, each of these movements is once again adjusted in 5 positions, before the final inspection of the watch concludes with a multi-day running test.
You do not have to say a lot about our Series60 case - the case design has proven itself over the past 30 years and has become a true classic. We have updated the housing construction. Sapphire crystal on the front and back, protected pushers and a screw-down crown with triple seal make the stainless steel housing pressure-resistant up to 20 bar.
The lugs are integrated into the housing and thus particularly well protected.
The housing technology
Protected pushers and a screwed crown with 3-way sealing system enables a reliable pressure resistance of 20 bar. FKM-R sealing system for crown and pusher.
Based on the size values, it is not easy to decide whether the watch fits the wrist, or whether it is too big or too small. To make your decision easier, we have mounted the watch on three different wrist widths that correspond to the usual sizes.
Please note that the wrists shown can only give you an approximate impression of the watch on your wrist, as the shape of the wrist is different for everyone, even if they have the same circumference.
Our model 60.50 fits all our leather and rubber straps with 20mm band lug width. We especially recommend our leather strap Chronissimo which is available with a white contrast stitching and is seamlessly integrated into the case of the watch.
- Calibre SW500
- Self-winding mechanical movement
- Chronograph function integrated into the movement
- 25 jewels
- 28.800 vibrations per hour; 4 Hz.
- Stone lever escapement
- Glucydur Balance Wheel
- Shock resistant as per DIN 8308
- Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309/ISO 764
- Movement diameter 13 1/4"" (30,4 mm)
- Incabloc shock protection
- Unidirectional self-winding mechanism with ball bearing, weight segment made of heavy metal
- Power reserve approx. 60 hours
- Movement decorated, blued screws, weight segment with engraved Guinand logo
- Hours, minutes, subsidiary seconds
- Chronograph with 30 min- and 12 hours counters and central second hand
- Date display
- Day of the week display
- Stainless steel, satinized
- Sapphire crystal glass, anti-reflective on the interior
- Screwed back with sapphire crystal glass
- Screwed crown, tripple O-ring sealed
- Sealing system FKM-R for pushers and crown
- Protected pushers
- Pressure resistant up to 20 bar
Dimensions and Weight
- Case diameter: 40.5 mm / 1.59 inch
- Case thickness: 14.9 mm / 0.59 inch
- Band lug width: 20 mm / 0.79 inch
- Lug-to-lug distance: 44.3 mm / 1.74 inch
- Distance between the spring bars: 40 mm / 1.57 inch
- Weight without strap: 86 grams